Pitta, made up of the fire and water elements, is responsible for transformation and energy production. Find balance and calm irritability with this pitta-balancing blend of geranium, lavender, lime, kapur kachari, ylang ylang and jasmine in base oils of jojoba and rosehip.
Scroll down to learn more about how to use aromatherapy.
Aromatherapy is an art and a science of using the essential oils of medicinal plants for healing and therapy.
How do essential oils work?
The most direct method to the brain is through the olfactory nerves in the nose. These are the only nerve endings that are in direct contact with the external world. Anything we inhale goes directly into the limbic system, which is connected to the endocrine system. The endocrine system produces hormones that govern homeostasis (balance in the body) and maintain many functions that are critical to life. This system is also how the spirit connects to the body. Aromatherapy uses the power of the scent to directly affect the body and mind. High-quality essential oils have a synergistic effect like nothing else produced in nature or a laboratory.
About Hale Pule’s aromatherapy blends
Essential oils are mostly steam distilled and represent the purest form of a plant. For this reason, we only source oils from plants that are organically grown or wildcrafted and sustainably produced. We chant mantra during the blending so the oils are infused with intention and love.
Essential oils are very powerful -- a little goes a long way. The aromatherapy oils we sell are blends of essential oils in carrier oils, which is the best method to deliver the healing benefits.
How to use aromatherapy oils
Here are some of our favorites uses for aromatherapy oils:
- Place a drop on your palms, rub them together and inhale. Do this before bed with Peaceful Nights or before meditation with Sattva.
- Rub a drop or two through your hair anytime for fun.
- Place a drop under your nose (or simply open the bottle and inhale the scent on the cap). Keep our Clarity blend on your desk for an afternoon pick-me-up.
- Use a few drops in a bath.
- Rub into your feet, hands or whole body. When used in a bath or directly on the body, the essential oils go into the bloodstream through the skin.
- Use for steam inhalation, either with a diffuser or by placing a few drops in hot water, covering your head with a towel and inhaling the steam. This is a great way to use our Be Well blend.
How to care for aromatherapy oils
Keep the bottles closed and store in a cool, dark place. Avoid using direct heat or flame. Keep out of reach of children.